Third Annual Conference on Native American Nutrition
October 2-5, 2018
Join us for this annual conference that brings together tribal officials, researchers, practitioners, and others to discuss the current state of Indigenous and academic scientific knowledge about Native nutrition and food science, and identify new areas of work.
Session topics at this year’s conference will include:
- Nutrition across the lifecycle
- Intergenerational learning about food and nutrition
- Learning from Indigenous communities around the world
- Linking agriculture to nutrition
- Recovering from historical trauma
New this year, the conference will also include the following optional half-day workshops on October 2:
- “Native Infusion: Reclaiming Ancestral Beverages”
- “Dream of Wild Health – Youth Garden Tour”
- “Preparing Healthy Traditional Food with the Sioux Chef”
- “Foraging for Native Edible Plants”
- “Indigenous Wellness: Ancestral Food Ways, Indigenizing Fitness and Movement, and the Inter-connectedness of Wellness, Culture, and Indigenous Language”
Schedule at a glance
Tuesday, October 2 | Optional workshops: Noon-4 p.m.
Tuesday, October 2 | Reception: 6-8 p.m.
Wednesday, October 3 | Conference: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday, October 3 | Evening reception: 6-8:30 p.m.
Thursday, October 4 | Conference: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday, October 4 | Poster session: 5-7 p.m.
Friday, October 5 | Conference: 8 a.m.- noon